Full Log

Week of 1/24 - 1/30

What we did this week:

This week we completed cutting the wood for the frame to size, organized the hose and pump, as well as discussed the plans for its use. We inspected the relays and other electronic components and determined what we still needed. The needed parts were requested Thursday.

What we plan to do next:

1. Cut the notches for the diagonal boards

2. Start assembly on the frame

3. Discuss and decide upon door plan

4. Begin development of Arduino code

Carousel imageCarousel image

Week of 2/1 - 2/5

What we did this week:

This week, we completed approximately 1/3 of the greenhouse's frame in the shop. The Solidworks has been updated to further model our design.

What we plan to do next:

Next week we plan to continue construction on the greenhouse, completing the frame, and begin adding key components. Additionally, this website will be further completed as well as the Solidworks drawings.

Week of 2/8 - 2/12

What we did this week:

This week, we completed approximately 2/3 of the greenhouse's frame in the shop. Solidworks has continued to be updated, further detailing our design.

What we plan to do next:

Next week we plan to finally finish construction on the frame of the greenhouse, potentially adding some of the key components. Additionally, this website will be further elaborated upon, and likely the Solidworks drawings as well.

Week of 2/15 - 2/19

What we did this week:

This week, the final pieces of the frame were completed. This will allow for the actual components and outer greenhouse layers to be added. The solidworks was also updated in response.

What we plan to do next:

Acquiring our final components and adding them to the frame is our next step. We hope to likely add the humidifier first. After the components are eventually added, we'll likely move onto the outer "glass" and then the soil.

Carousel imageCarousel imageCarousel imageCarousel imageCarousel imageCarousel imageCarousel image

Week of 2/22 - 2/26

What we did this week:

This week the sideboards to hold soil were cut and attached as well as the greenhouse plastic cut to size. Due to a malfunction in the required tooling, we were unable to attach the greenhouse plastic to the frame. Soldering for the control hub has begun and the RTC has been ordered.

What we plan to do next:

We plan on completing the attachment of the greenhouse plastic as well as the attachment of velcro fasteners and the hard plastic roof. We hope to have also concluded the construction phase of the control hub and transfer it to its container. We are on track to complete the build by the 12th if not by next week.

Week of 3/1 - 3/5

What we did this week:

This week we began attaching the greenhouse plastic to the sides of the greenhouse, as well as began work on the bottom covering of the greenhouse. The arduino control hub has been further completed as well.

What we plan to do next:

Completely attaching the rest of the plastic and finishing the bottom are our plans. The control hub will hopefully be attached, and the door and Velcro will also be completed. It is assumed by next week we will be finishing most building and have begun attaching key components.

Week of 3/8 - 3/12

What we did this week:

This week the greenhouse plastic was properly attached. We've begun work on the roof and intend to finish it. We also have started completing the control hub of the collective greenhouse and the door of the greenhouse.

What we plan to do next:

Completing some finishing touches on the sides as well as adding a shelf to the greenhouse are our primary goals, after which we will complete the control hub and add the basic systems associated with it, like the humidifier and lamp.

Week of 3/15 - 3/19

What we did this week:

This week the greenhouse plastic was properly fully attached. We've finished the roof, as well as added a shelf. The door and Velcro were attached to the outside, with the "door" being a plastic covering. As for the heat lamp, it was also attached to the roof.

What we plan to do next:

We next plan on adding the sprinkler system in some form. We have the nozzles, we just need to properly attach them in the greenhouse in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the heat lamp while still maintaining maximum coverage and height.

Week of 3/29 - 4/2

What we did this week:

This week we attached the sprinklers, utilizing some rope to attach the nozzles in a place that maximizes coverage. We also tested the sprinklers, ensuring that they functioned, as well as creating a small hole in the top.

What we plan to do next:

Completing the control hub and then planting the plant are our final goals. Once those are done, construction will finally be complete and we'll begin testing the greenhouse's effectiveness at keeping a plant alive.

Week of 4/5 - 4/9

What we did this week:

This week we worked on the electronics, as well as touching up various parts of the website, specifically parts such as the project proposal.

What we plan to do next:

Completing the control hub and then planting the plant are our final goals. Once those are done, construction will finally be complete and we'll begin testing the greenhouse's effectiveness at keeping a plant alive. Completing the website is also on the priority list.


Week of 4/12 - 4/16

What we did this week:

This week we worked on the electronics, as well as touching up various parts of the website, specifically parts such as the project proposal.

What we plan to do next:

Completing the control hub and then planting the plant are our final goals. We likely will not have much time for actual testing, so we'll have to setting for greenhouse completion and possible mild testing on plants. Completing the website is also a priority.


Week of 4/19 - 4/23

What we did this week:


What we plan to do next: